Center for Experiential Learning
Finding a Work-Study Job
All available work-study positions are posted on Storm Tracker, Keuka’s online job and internship database. In order to view jobs, you must be a current student and have a Keuka e-mail address.
Once you’ve completed your Storm Tracker profile, you can view job descriptions for all available work-study jobs.
If the new student is eligible for work-study, he/she is initially eligible to participate in the student employment (work-study) program. Continued eligibility depends on the student’s open and complete participation in the program.
The student must receive a Federal Work-Study or Keuka Work-Study Award as part of his/her financial aid package. It is the student’s responsibility to know if he/she has an award, the exact amount of the award, and if he/she is cleared through the Office of Financial Aid and eligible to start earning work-study dollars each academic year. Work-study is an opportunity, not a guarantee.
Before classes begin each semester, new students must attend a required student employment orientation session. Students will learn about the policies and procedures for student employment (work-study) and review Storm Tracker (Keuka’s Internet database for work-study, Field Periods and internships, part and full-time employment, and volunteer positions/opportunities). The student will learn:
- how to register (create a profile),
- how to view work-study positions,
- how to create an on-line resume,
- how to apply for positions, and
- what is required to get hired for a work-study position. (The student is provided handouts to help him/her through the process.)
Remember: work-study is an opportunity, not a guarantee.
How to Apply for a Work-Study Job
- Attend a Student Employment Orientation Session
- Create a Résumé
- Create a Storm Tracker Profile/Account
- Upload Résumé to Storm Tracker
- Once Résumé Is Approved:
- View and Apply for Positions via Storm Tracker
- Interview for Position(s)
- Once Hired:
- Complete Required Paperwork
- Obtain Time Card/Sheet
- Begin Working
Hourly rates for work-study positions are as follows:
$8.15 Per Hour
- Waterfront Head Lifeguard
- Waterfront Lifeguard
- Athletic Trainer
- TeamWorks! Facilitator II
$7.30 Per Hour
- Student Tutor, Academic Success at Keuka (ASK)
- Dundee Public Library Clerk/Tutor
- Dundee Elementary School Tutor
- Penn Yan Elementary School Tutor
- St. Michael’s School Elementary Tutor
- Dundee Area Youth Center Elementary Tutor
- Academic Success at Keuka (ASK) ASL Student Interpreter
$7.25 Per Hour
- All other work-study positions will be paid the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.
This page was printed on 06/19/2013 from